Dangerous Foods Your Dog Should Never Eat

Published on July 20, 2017
_______________________ ADVERTISEMENT _______________________

When you’re a crazy dog lady (or lad), one thing is certain, you just can’t resist those big ol’ eyes and cute as can be doggie smile. Don’t deny it! And don’t get me started on those wittle button noses. So it’s not surprising when we dog lovers give our best friends a treat from the table, but is it hurtful to our four legged pal? Well, it really does depend on what it is and what is in it. Moreover, some foods are just downright dangerous, and not because of weight gain. Thanks to Pet WebMD, we compiled the top five foods you should never let your dog eat. Some of these may really surprise you.

Xylitol:

Some diet foods are sweetened with xylitol, like candy, gum, baked goods, and toothpaste. If your dog consumes this, it can cause their blood sugar to lower significantly and can also cause liver failure. Early symptoms are quick to catch, such as vomiting, lethargy, and coordination problems. Moreover, you dog will eventually have seizures, and liver failure can happen just within a few days.

Xylitol

Xylitol

Chocolate:

While this food isn’t much of a surprise, most people don’t know why or what kind is the problem here. So basically, theobromine is found in chocolate and therein lies the problem. All kinds of chocolate, including white chocolate. However the most dangerous kinds of chocolate for dogs are dark chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate. Chocolate can cause your adorable dog to vomit and also have diarrhea. Furthermore it can also cause heart problems, tremors, seizures, and death.

Chocolate

Chocolate

Grapes and Raisins:

A measly grape or raisin seems harmless, right? Nope, sorry to say. Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure and even just a small amount will make your dog sick. Early signs include constant vomiting. And in just a day, your dog will become sluggish and depressed.

Grapes And Raisins

Grapes And Raisins

Milk and Other Dairy Products:

When it’s a scorching hot day, understandably it’s super tempting to share some of your ice cream with your doggie. But you shouldn’t do that whatsoever! Instead, giver your pup an ice cube. Milk and milk-based products can cause some nasty symptoms like diarrhea and other digestive problems. On top of that, they can also cause food allergies, which causes dogs to itch.

Milk And Other Dairy Products

Milk And Other Dairy Products

Fat Trimmings and Bones:

This one’s a tough one to digest (pardon the pun). Fat trimmed from meat, including cooked and uncooked, can cause pancreatitis in dogs. While it seems totally natural to give your dog a bone, be careful, as they can choke on it. Bones can even splinter and block or can cause cuts in your dog’s digestive system.

Fat Trimmings And Bones

Fat Trimmings And Bones

In conclusion:

Always triple check before you give your beloved doggie a seemingly innocent treat! Because, as most of us know, life would be pretty darn boring with our furry best friend.

_______________________ ADVERTISEMENT _______________________