Let’s start off by saying that this lemon chicken is truly just a simple baked chicken that will definitely be loved by the whole family. Rich in delicious, zesty flavors there’s no doubt this meal will instantly become a weekly favorite. In addition, it’s super healthy and of course anything but boring (we promise). We can also guarantee that making this dish is so quick and easy…just another great reason as to why you will enjoy it so much! What’s more, is that this chicken is so versatile you can really make many different meals out of it. Whether it’s for a healthy chicken salad lunch, a big family dinner party, or even a delicious sandwich for the kids – the options are truly endless. Prepping time is only 5 minutes and cooking time is around 30 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Why dont you keep reading and then try it out for yourself to see just exactly what we are talking about.
- 4x Boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- First, heat the oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit/ 180 degrees Celcius.
- Make sure the chicken breasts are at room temperature and then place them in a baking dish.
- As the oven is warming up, take a small bowl where you will make the marinade. Mix the olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder as well as salt and pepper in the bowl. The paste must be quite thick as this will ultimately be what you marinate the chicken breast in and you want it to be rich in flavor. Next, once the mixture is completely blended together, you will then coat the chicken breasts with the paste. Be sure that the marinade is spread evenly!
- Now, in the same mixing bowl, take the white wine, brown sugar, fresh, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice as well as 1 teaspoon of salt. Thoroughly mix all these ingredients together before pouring them over the chicken breasts. All in all, the chicken should have a thick and delicious coat of sauce – now it’s baking time!
- Place the baking dish into the oven for roughly 30 minutes or until it is completely cooked. However, you do not want to dry out the chicken.
- Remove the dish from the oven and then it’s time to dig in
- You will instantly be able to taste the tangy flavors that will definitely tickle all your tastebuds.