Maybe, just maybe diets aren’t so hard! What? You thought the Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies were bad for you? Think again. And with all the hype of paleo, we’ve added a new spin to the term, eating healthy. No one said you had to sacrifice your cookies or your chocolate or your weight loss!
Sure many people turn to paleo for weight loss, however it was originally made to help people with gastric disorders. But let’s focus on its weight loss benefits, shall we? Essentially what you’re doing with paleo is removing empty carbs and instead adding in healthy plant fiber and lean protein. The plant fibers help you feel fuller. Whereas the lean protein keeps your energy levels steady while you’re building muscle. Omeaga-3S boost metabolism and reduces body fat. Now while you’re taking in more food, it’s still less calories. When you remove processed flour, refined sugar, and foods that can cause inflammatory responses, you’re helping your body go down a healthy path. The benefits of a paleo diet greatly outweigh any negatives, and that’s kind of the whole point. So how about that recipe?!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total time: 25 minutes * Serves: 24 cookies
– 2 c. almond flour
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
– 1/4 c. butter (room temperature)
– 1/4 c. almond butter
– 3 tbsp. honey
– 1 large egg
– 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
– 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
– Flaky sea salt (for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with the parchment paper. In a large bowl, begin to whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Use a hand mixer, add butter, almond butter, honey, egg, and vanilla and be sure to mix until combined.
2. Fold in the chocolate chips, then add carefully separated tablespoonfuls of batter to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with the flaky sea salt.
3. Bake until the edges are golden, about 13 to 15 minutes. Enjoy!